Wednesday, June 16, 2010

beginning today

Hello and welcome to my new blog! Thanks for stopping by.

I wish I could take full credit for creating this site (I did come up with the idea...) but, in truth, I owe a boatload of thanks to my techno-savvy daughter for all her help. Be sure to check out her blog, http://www.asecondscoop.blogspot.com/, too.

So, what am I up to with this site? A couple of things. My first and foremost goal is to avoid embarrassing my kids with it...

My second goal is to connect with like-minded thinkers and dreamers--the peaceful loners and minor misfits who just can't seem to get it right and have given up fretting over it...believers and seekers alike...anyone who has said, "Enough is enough", and then done something about it. I took the chance. I bid farewell to the security and dignity of my profession in order to BEGIN AGAIN. I have learned that the most important thing is simply to take that first step...and then to be willing to begin again...and again until you get it write...oops, I mean right.

So...what is it that you long to begin?

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined." (Thoreau)

*
In my next post, I'll share the names of a couple of other physicians who went on to become great writers...in case anyone is wondering why on Earth a physician would abandon the practice of medicine just to BEGIN AGAIN. 

jan




2 comments:

  1. Ah -yes, my heart has longed to begin again - perhaps the stories and comments from this blog will help me find the strenght to follow my dreams and my heart this time around! Nameste ~ Toni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your new blog Jan, I've found blogs to be a really fun way to connect with fellow artists/writers.

    To fresh starts!

    ReplyDelete